- This event has passed.
Community Circle Inspiration Resource
You DO NOT need to use all or any of this. You can pick or choose or use it for inspiration for something else or take it in a completely different direction. Your groups are all meeting in different ways. Some via phone calls or texts, some via email, and some through virtual meetings. So, use this as is helpful. The main goal of these groups is connection and sense of community. If these resources help you have a deeper and more fruitful conversation or sharing – then great. New information will be added by Wednesday. Pastor Tad Monroe
Week of July 1
Ordinary Time – Proper 9
Fifth Sunday After Pentecost
Scriptures: Zechariah 9: 9-12 & Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30
1. What does the term “wisdom is vindicated by her deeds”, mean?
2. Some people say that “the ends justify the means”, while others might say that “how we do something is more important then the outcome”. What do you say?
3. Give an example of a heavy burden you have carried in your life? How did you lay that burden down?
4. Our two poems are both poems about the “American experience”. What do they say about that experience?
5. On this week of the fourth of July what is one prayer or hope or intention you have for our country?