- This event has passed.
Community Circle Inspiration Resource
September 9, 2020
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until November 11, 2020
Readings: Esther 4:9-17 (but really discuss the whole Ester story if you know it) & Hebrews 11:1-3, 12:1-2, 12-13
1. We are doing a sermon series for a few weeks entitled “For a Time Such as This”. We are living through an exceptionally difficult time in history. When you think about a “time such as this” what seems to be most important right now?
2. Esther was challenged with a decision to use her power at a great risk to herself. Can you think of a time or can you share what you are wrestling with right now as far as how to use your power “at at time such as this”? What does a time such as this require of us?
3. How do you understand this statement from the Hebrews passage, “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen”? How do you have conviction of something not seen? Is their a difference between faith and belief? If so, what is the difference?
4. Our stewardship theme for this fall will be “Faith in our Future”. This Hebrews passage talks about faith moving forward being intricately tied to the faith of our ancestors – so faith in our past which gives us faith in our future. How is our faith in our future as a church and larger society tied to our experiences of the past or is it?
5. What is your hope for our future? What are you assured of? What convictions do you carry even though they are not fully seen?