- This event has passed.
Community Circle Inspiration Resource
June 17, 2020
Ordinary Time – Third Sunday after Pentecost
1. What do you know about the story of Sarah and Hagar? Take some time to share and discuss this story that puts the Genesis text in context.
2. Have you ever felt like Hagar must have felt in this situation? Rejected? Hopeless?
3. Hagar is met by God as is the Psalmist. Can you share an example of a time you were met by God in a time of great distress?
4. Part of the story of Sarah and Hagar (as discussed in Jewish midrash) is jealousy. Is jealousy a natural emotion? What do we do with our jealousy? How do we handle those feelings? Do you have any examples to share?
5. The psalmist says that God is good, forgiving, and abounding in steadfast love. What does “steadfast love” look like? Have you experienced it? If so, please share an example.