- This event has passed.
MaP Book Club ~ America and Its Guns
February 14 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The Gun Violence Book Group will meet via Zoom. We will be discussing America and Its Guns: A Theological Expose by James Atwood using the questions set forth in the Presbyterian Peace Fellowship’s Gun Violence Prevention Congregational Toolkit. If you need a book, it can be ordered from Amazon or King’s Books. Zoom Meeting ID: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84967746094
Session 6 – The Spiritual Alarm Clock–Will We Wake Up? Chapters 17, 18, 19
1. What did you learn about gun shows and dealers in our state?
2. How have you or others in your community responded to local gun violence or national mass shootings?
3. Why are so many NRA members silent on their support for responsible gun laws and adequate law enforcement?
4. In stopping the Senate compromise on expanding background checks (April 2013), did the gun empire overreach?
5. What in Bob Ricker’s story impresses you? Can you see yourself or anyone you know in his story? (p. 200- 202)
6. Share anything in this group study experience that has changed your views on gun violence.
7. What are the risks if your church moved from words to action for responsible gun laws? Of not doing so?
8. Where, if at all, do you see God in the crisis of gun violence in America? Are there other issues to discuss?
9. Is this our last meeting or should we do something? Discuss possible next steps and make a plan.